Thursday, May 7, 2015

Nevertheless, I Live

In order to live I must experience death.
In order to breath I must experience the loss of breath.
In order to serve I must live a life that is no longer my own.
In order to thrive I must realize that this place is no longer my home.

I was a fool
Dead inside
Carnal
Devoid of life
The power that I had been given
I dismissed in vain
Striving for something my flesh could never attain

The Crucified One, The Holy One of God, Mashiach, King, The Afflicted One
You bore the cross for my sins
Wholly submitted
Humbly committed
Never making a defense
The Yielded and Surrendered Son

Here I am, Lord
I beseech Thee My Master, come soon
Murder my flesh
I no longer want a life of my own

Doulos, Bondservant
Slave of the Most High
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the House of The Lord
Than to dwell with the wicked who struggle and strive
My life is no longer mine
I give up, Take it, It is Yours
I submit Lord,
I die to myself
So that I might live in You forevermore.


No comments:

Post a Comment