Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 3 of 21: Absolute Surrender

Absolute Surrender 



A friend sent me this excerpt from Andrew Murray's, Absolute Surrender. Andrew Murray was a theologian, pastor, and missionary who ministered in the late 1800's in South Africa. He believed that missions was the chief end of the church. He played a huge role in the South African Revival of 1860. This is a man that I have always greatly respected and admired through his writings.



Below you will find my response to what Andrew Murray penned 100+ years ago...

An Ode To Absolute Surrender
Come away my soul, and set yourself apart
Come out from amidst the dead mens bones
Come out from a world that despises your name
Come out and proclaim, I surrender
At any cost, I surrender

Come out with trembling will, be it ever so dreadful of a thought
To give up this old man, to rid thyself of the rotting carcass we call self
To give up a cup that has remained half full,
Pour thyself out as a drink offering before the Lord,
Wail and cry, lament with groanings before the Lord
Weigh the cost and surrender your will
Ask thyself, Am I willing to endure the anguish of death to self, 
to be poured out and emptied in pain and sorrow, 
to be filled with that which is worth more than its weight in gold?
Am I willing to face the anguish and sorrow and pain of the cross
in order that I might be filled with God's presence?

Plead for His mercies and cry out in full surrender 
It is you I desire Lord!
It is you I desire far above all else!
Although I come with trembling heart, 
A heart fearful of what may be and what may come, 
I come nonetheless
I come Lord, I am yours and yours alone,
I come in Absolute Surrender,
My soul yields to your grace
I am yours
I surrender all
.:La Chula:.




No comments:

Post a Comment