Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Praying and Revival


I've been reading "Absolute Surrender" by Andrew Murray and after this posting I will finish the last chapter and finish the book for probably the 10th time.  It's one of my favorite books easily read in a week or a weekend if you have time to focus on it.  I've read it over and over because every section has so many nuggets of wisdom to it. It is so encouraging and so relevant.  Even though I have read it many times there are things that hit me differently each time.  As each season of my life and my walk has taken me on different paths.  

As we have been seeking the Lord there have been specific themes we have been praying for as a united team, revival being one of them.  There are many things in my own life that I am laying at His feet and people who I love dearly that I've been specifically praying for.  Several of these people are ones who have walked away, some are living a complacent life, choosing to live for their flesh instead of in obedience.  Where others don't even realize that they are living a compromised life or they refuse to see that they are.  Either way they have been very heavy on my heart.  So when I was reading the passage I have pasted below, I thought of the revival and those who are living as they please. 

People who I once served alongside people who know the goodness, have lived and walked in His forgiveness. Some are the people I use to confide in or seek counsel from, who I could always count on to pray for me or hold me accountable.  I can not say I haven't been where they currently are, in a daze knowing I was being disobedient yet not caring, pretending I could hide from my Jesus so I could ??? .... it's strange but there is no real answer.   Yes there are a many answers but none of them making any sense now, none of them are worth living out of communion with my Savior for.  

Why can't we see it at the time, how can I encourage my friends, when they won't listen to me?  I have faith and believe that with prayer blinders will be removed, hearts will be softened...for serious brokeness and that whatever may need to take place in order for that to happen.  I would love to go smack them and say WAKE UP!   I pray that these people who once yearned for a daily continuos walk with their Jesus, will once again be consumed in his live and have the be their desire.  In our praying we have to remember that Jesus has conquered and if we walk in HIS power our prayers will bring revival amongst the people!!

the excerpt....

"Some are crying to God for a great revival I can say that this is the unceasing prayer of my heart oh that God would only revive  his believing people! I cannot think of the unconverted formalists of the church or of the infidels and skeptics or of all the wretched and perishing around me, with out my heart pleading: "My God, revive your church and people it is not for lack of reason that thousands of hearts yearn after holiness and consecration. It is a forerunner of God's power.  God works to will and then he works to do. These  yearnings are a witness and a proof that God has worked to will. Oh let us in faith believe that the omnipotent God will work to do among his people more than we can ask.

And he said,  The things which are impossible with men are possible with God. (Luke 18:27 KJV)

All around you there is a world of sin and sorrow and Satan is there but remember Christ is on the throne; Christ is stronger; Christ has conquered; and Christ will conquer.

But wait on God - Get linked to God.

Adore and trust Him as the omnipotent one not only for your own life but for all the souls that are entrusted  to you. Never pray without adoring his omnipotence, saying "Mighty God I claim your almightiness."

And the answer to prayer will come.


Like Abraham you will become strong in faith, giving glory to God, because you account him who has promised able to perform."   Andrew Murray - Absolute Surrender


Don't give up, continue to pray, LOVE on all who don't understand His love, love those who have never felt His love, and love those that need to return to HIS LOVE!!

Shine Brightly, jj

1 comment:

  1. JJ,

    God has been speaking to me this very thing. Really impressing on my heart the need to pray for revival in the church. Andrew Murray's words put into perspective those things that God is speaking to obviously more than one of us in our prayer group. What an amazing season we are in that we can feel the burden of God's heart for the Church. O, that we would press in and not look back! Thank you for your words!

    ReplyDelete