Friday, April 19, 2013

Feliz Cumpleanos

Feliz Cumpleanos 


6In all this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7These have come so that the proven genuineness of your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. 8Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, 9for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
(1 Peter 1: 6-9)

Today would have been my Mom's 67th birthday, had she not gone home to be with the Lord. It will be 9 years ago tomorrow that she received the prognosis of having ALS, better know as Lou Gehrig's Disease. A disease that took her life in a matter of 6 months. And although, I miss you greatly Mom, although there is not a day that does not go by that I don't think about you. Although I can't wait to see you again. To laugh again until we cry. To meet my beautiful babies and to sit for hours just holding your hand again. Although this anticipation is of great worth to me, today is the first birthday since your death that I can say with complete confidence that....
Although I miss you and cannot wait to see you, my anticipation for Heaven has changed. My heart yearns to see God first. To see Him face to face and to be in His presence. I am in love. My heart cries out for the True and Living God. It longs to be in His presence and to feel the touch of His hand. I long to praise Him and worship Him face to face. I long to sit along side you Mom, at the marriage supper of the Lamb, and to rejoice together, with all of the saints, for the unspeakable things that He has done. I yearn for that day. Above all else, I yearn to see the face of my God.
What a glorious day that will be! There is not a day that does not go by that I do not thank Him for you. For how you taught me to be a woman of prayer. How you lead by example and taught me to be a woman of the Word. How you taught me to walk through trials with dignity and grace. How you taught me to laugh and to smile and to joke, because there is a lot to look forward to. Although the pain of your death left an empty place in my heart, God has filled that place. And although I miss you, I would not have things any other way.

I'll see you soon. I love you, you crazy lady!
Love,
Me

.:La Chula:.

No comments:

Post a Comment